TOTAL TIME REQUIRED TO MAKE CAESAR SALAD
- Prep Time: 10mins
- Servers: 4
INGREDIENTS REQUIRED TO PREPARE THE CAESAR SALAD
- Romaine lettuce
- Baguette (French bread or any other preferable bread)
- 1/2 tbsp. chopped Olive
- 1/2 tbsp. chopped Capers
For the caesar salad dressing.
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce/Red Wine Vinegar
- 1tsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 100g. Parmesan Cheese
- Sea Salt & Pepper
METHOD TO MAKE CAESAR SALAD
- Wash and pat dry the Romaine lettuce on a tea towel and leave it aside.
- Take a saucepan and heat 2 tsp. olive oil.
- Cut the bread into cube size pieces and toast it in the pan.(Can use ready-made croutons)
- Once they slightly brown get it off the heat and coat the croutons with 30g parmesan cheese, 1/2 tbsp finely chopped cilantro, and half tsp. oregano .
- Leave the rest of the parmesan cheese for the salad dressing.
- For the dressing, smash the salt, pepper, and garlic clove in a pestle and mortar.
- Add the mayonnaise, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, olive oil and 70g parmesan cheese and mix well.
- Add a splash of water if required, you can also process the entire mixture into a fine liquid.
- Top the Romaine Lettuce with the salad dressing, olives, and capers and serve fresh.
SUGGESTIONS FOR THE CAESAR SALAD RECIPE
- Make sure the lettuce leaves are dry else the dressing will dilute.
- Prepare the dressing and store it in the refrigerator, assemble the salad only when ready to serve to avoid the croutons and the salad from getting soggy.