TOTAL TIME REQUIRED TO PREPARE CREAMY BUTTER PANEER
- Prep Time: 15mins
- Cooking Time: 30mins
INGREDIENTS REQUIRED TO PREPARE BUTTER PANEER
Garam Masala Ingredients
- 4 Cardamoms
- 4 Cloves
- 1 inch Cinnamon stick (Dalchini)
- 1 tbsp. Cumin seeds
- 1small Mace
- 1 Star Anise
- 1 Black Cardamom
- 125 g. Paneer (cottage cheese)
- 4 red medium sized Tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. Sunflower Oil
- 1 tbsp. Butter
- 1/2 tsp. Sugar
- 1 Bay leaf
- 6-7 Garlic cloves
- 1/2 inch Ginger
- 1 tsp. Tomato Paste/Ketchup
- 1 tsp. Red chilli powder
- Coriander powder (dhania powder)
- 1 tbsp. Dried Fenugreek leaves (Kasuri methi)
- 1/2 tsp. Turmeric
- 1/2 tbsp. Melon Seeds
- 1 tbsp. Milk
- 4 Cashew nuts
- 1/4 cup Cream
- 2 tbsp. Green Peas
- 1 tsp. Salt
METHOD TO MAKE CREAMY BUTTER PANEER
- For the prep, soak the melon seeds and cashew nuts in milk and leave them aside for at least 30 minutes.
- Take a bowl of water and boil it, add the tomatoes in the boiling water for 2 minutes or until the skin peels off easily. Peel the outer skin off and blend to a fine paste.
- Take a saucepan and add the garam masala ingredients, dry roast them for 1-2 minutes until slightly brown. Finely blend them in a processor.
- Blend the ginger, garlic in a processor to a fine paste (sieve the ginger garlic if a fine paste is needed).
- In a saucepan on a medium heat, add oil, butter, bay leaf and sugar.
- After they are slightly brown, add the ginger garlic paste and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the tomato puree and cook for 8-10 minutes or until the oil separates from the mixture.
- Add the garam masala mixture, coriander powder, chilli powder, turmeric,dried fenugreek leaves, tomato paste, mix well and leave the lid on for 5 minutes.
- Blend the milk, cashew nut, melon seed mixture and add it to the tomato puree.
- Chop the paneer into bite size pieces and add it to the mixture.
- Add the cream, green peas and salt as per taste and let it cook for 3-4mins. Serve hot.