TOTAL TIME REQUIRED TO MAKE EGGLESS CHOCOLATE CUPCAKE
- Prep Time: 20mins
- Cooking Time: 25 mins.
- Resting Time: 1 hr.
- Quantity: 12 cupcakes
INGREDIENTS REQUIRED TO PREPARE THE EGGLESS CHOCOLATE CUPCAKE
- 175 g. Plain Flour
- 185 g. Caster Sugar (1cup)
- 30 g. Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Bicarbonate Soda
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 75 g. Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup Coffee (1/2 tbsp. instant coffee in 1/2 cup water)
- 210 ml. Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 cup Buttermilk
- 5 tbsp. Yogurt
For the Butter Cream Icing.
- 150 g. Soft Unsalted Butter
- 270 g. Sifted Icing Sugar (Cornstarch)
- 2 tbsp. Milk
- 90 g. Melted Dark Chocolate
HOW TO MAKE THE EGGLESS CHOCOLATE CUPCAKE
- Preheat the oven to 160°C / 320°F.Line a 12 cupcake holder with cupcake liners.
- Sieve and mix the flour, caster sugar, cocoa powder, bicarbonate soda and the salt in a large bowl that contains all the dry ingredients.
- Then mix in the remaining wet ingredients, coffee, buttermilk, yogurt and the vegetable oil in the same bowl.
- Mix the batter gently till everything comes together and an even colour is seen. Do not over mix the cupcake batter.
- Pour the batter into the cupcake liners. Bake in the oven for 22 mins, until a wooden cocktail stick inserted in the middle, comes out clean. Leave to cool on a wire rack for at least an hour.
BUTTERCREAM FROSTING FOR THE CHOCOLATE CUPCAKE
- Beat the soft unsalted butter (room temp) with an electric mixer for 2-3mins or until fluffy on a medium-high speed.
- Add the sugar and beat it again for 2mins on a medium-high speed. Then add the rest of the sugar and beat it for 2-3 mins.
- Add the milk and beat for 2mins, then add the chocolate and mix until the mixture comes together.(make sure the chocolate is not hot)
SUGGESTIONS FOR THE EGGLESS CHOCOLATE CUPCAKE RECIPE
- While mixing the icing sugar and flour in the electric mixer, start at a low speed to avoid the flour from scattering all over the place.
- It is easier to beat the buttercream when at room temperature.