TOTAL TIME REQUIRED TO COOK LEMON CURD
- Prep Time: 5mins
- Cooking Time: 5mins
- Serves: 4
INGREDIENTS FOR THE LEMON CURD RECIPE
- 5 egg yolks
- 1 whole egg
- zest of 1 lemon
- 115ml lemon juice (7.5tbsp)
- 115gm Caster Sugar (8tbsp)
- 60gm Cold Chopped Butter
HOW TO MAKE LEMON CURD
- Add the whole egg, egg yolks, lemon zest and caster sugar in a bowl.
- Slowly cook in a bain-marie to avoid the eggs from curdling. (Bain-marie: a pan of hot water on which the bowl containing the above mixture is placed for slow cooking.)
- While it’s on the bain-marie whisk until it thickens.
- Remove the bowl from the bain-marie and stir the cold chopped butter with the mixture.
- Sieve while the mixture is still hot.
- Store it in a dry jar and let it cool.