TOTAL TIME REQUIRED TO PREPARE PESTO SAUCE
- Prep Time: 5mins
- Cooking Time: 10mins
INGREDIENTS REQUIRED TO PREPARE PESTO SAUCE
- 45gms Basil Leaves (2cups)
- 15gms pine nuts(2tbsp)
- 80ml olive oil(5 1/2 tbsp)
- half tsp lemon juice
- 1 Garlic clove
- 75gms parmesan cheese
- Salt to taste
HOW TO MAKE PESTO SAUCE
- Roast the pine nuts in a sauce pan until slightly brown.
- Let the pine nuts cool.
- Add the pine nuts, salt and garlic in a pestle and mortar.(Or use a food processor)
- Crush and grind them until fine.
- Add the basil and parmesan cheese to the mixture and grind it into a paste.
- Can be served with bread and pasta.
SUGGESTIONS FOR THE PESTO SAUCE RECIPE
- The pesto sauce can also be made in a food processor, yet, I incline towards utilizing mortar for there’s a chance of the basil burning due to high heat.
- Pine nuts can be roasted or kept raw. If roasted, it should be lightly done to maintain the creamy texture of the pesto sauce.