TOTAL TIME REQUIRED TO MAKE SPEEDY SPAGHETTI
- Prep Time: 5 mins.
- Cooking Time: 15 mins.
- Serves: 4
INGREDIENTS REQUIRED TO PREPARE SPEEDY SPAGHETTI
- 400 g. dried spaghetti
- 1/3 cup Olive oil
- 1 fresh Red Chilli
- 1 tsp. Chilli Flakes
- 6 large Garlic cloves
- 2-3 Basil leaves
- 1 tsp. dried Oregano
- 1 tsp. dried Thyme
- 3-4 Cherry Tomatoes (optional)
- 1 tbsp. chopped Olives (optional)
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped Cilantro
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tsp. Kosher Salt
METHOD TO MAKE SPEEDY SPAGHETTI
- For the prep cook the spaghetti as per packet directions and add 1 tsp. salt to the boiling water.Cook the spaghetti until al dente. Finely chop the garlic and tomatoes.
- Take a saucepan, add good quality olive oil and finely chopped garlic while the oil is still cold.
- Tear in fresh basil leaves, and turn the heat on.
- Let it slowly cook on a low heat for 5 minutes.
- Once the garlic turns slightly brown and the flavors are infused in the oil, remove the basil leaves.
- Add a finely chopped fresh chili and cherry tomatoes.
- Then mix in the chili flakes, oregano, thyme and the chopped olives.
- Add the cooked spaghetti and a splash of pasta water to the saucepan and mix well.
- Add the parmesan cheese and top the spaghetti with finely chopped cilantro. Serve hot.
SUGGESTIONS FOR THE SPEEDY SPAGHETTI RECIPE
- As the ingredients are limited, good quality oil and spaghetti has a significant effect.
- The al dente phase of pasta occurs right after the white of the pasta center disappears.
- Try not to make more than 4 servings in 1 pan.